At least the view was nice…

Home Forums Hunting Discussion Big Game Discussion At least the view was nice…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clayton Bolton 1 week, 3 days ago.

This topic has been viewed 196 times.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Took my gun(s) for a walk. And walk we did. From the lake’s edge, to up & down, & up & down the surrounding mountains. If there was even just a slight resemblance of a deer trail, I followed & or sat on ’em. NOTHING! Then, after multiple very close grey ghost sightings, I started slinging my squirrel rifle along too, only to get ghosted by the little critters. The recent rains helped keep the wood relatively quiet, vary rare for this time of year out here. The views were good and since I was only a little over an hour from home, I ran the day from dark ’till dark-thirty.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

maineguy68
    Participant

Always nice to get out into the woods regardless of the “residents” cooperating.  Deer season starts in a few weeks here in Maine.  I’ve only had a few days to get prepared.  I guess my work has been getting in the way.  You taking those shots with a timer on your camera?  Nice selfies.

Mike

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Yea, timer function & mini tri-pod Mike. It’s my battle scar’d beater hunt’n camera. It took a little abuse on my BO trip to Oklahoma. Just ask Jules. The lens is a little rough in a few spots, but as long as it’s not a super close-up, its tough to tell.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.