Coming soon

Home Forums Hunting Discussion Upland Hunting Coming soon

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Clayton Bolton 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

This topic has been viewed 345 times.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Even though archery deer season has come and gone in some zones, and getting ready to open in others, the day that excites me most is September 1. Opening day of dove. To me, it is the real beginning of all hunting for the rest of the year, and even into next. Not that I won’t drag my sticks and strings around before then, its just tough to hunt deer in 100 deg. plus temps. Ever try to stalk something on dry, parched ground that sounds like walking on corn flakes? Seems silly to some, but I am willing to sit in a chair under the shade of a big Oak tree with a bucket of shells just to shoot at tiny birds in the same hot WX.

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

I had to work, but still made it out on O’day. Hot and smokey! Afternoon highs were 111 Deg. and I wasn’t gonna let that stop me. After all…it was O’day Dove, or at least the back half of it. The Wild fire  50 miles or so north of us has filled the valley full of smoke. Never really saw the sun set, it just turned into a big red ball and disappeared. Wasn’t a whole lot of action, but enough to keep me guess’n what direction they’ll come in from. Really needed my mom’s eyes, you know…the ones in the back of her head.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.