Fatality in Maine

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Fatality in Maine

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike D’Oliveira 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

This topic has been viewed 326 times.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

maineguy68
    Participant

Hey everyone!

Just a friendly reminder to stay safe out there during hunting season.  We just had a fatality here in Maine because a hunter mis-identified his target.  Always remember that just because it is hunting season, there are still other folks out in the woods and on the water trying to enjoy their own recreation.  This woman was on her own property digging for gems in Western Maine, when this guy shot and killed her thinking she was a deer.  Personally, I have a hard time with this.  This should NEVER happen.  If you’re not 100% sure…..don’t take a chance.  This guy will most likely be facing jail time.

Mike

Wardens withhold Hebron hunter’s name in fatal shooting

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Always hate to hear of this kinda’ stuff. Pretty sad way to remind us of what can happen by not following and adhering the basics.

Mike – really scary to hear this kind of stuff and I just don’t understand how it happens but it seems like it does every year.  Also want folks to make sure they have a good harness system while in their treestands.  I see articles about folks coming out of these every year too and the story never seems to end well.

Mike d

Mike – really scary to hear this kind of stuff and I just don’t understand how it happens but it seems like it does every year.  Also want folks to make sure they have a good harness system while in their treestands.  I see articles about folks coming out of these every year too and the story never seems to end well.

Mike d

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.