Finally!!!

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Finally!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clayton "Leghold" Bolton Clayton “Leghold” Bolton 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

This topic has been viewed 716 times.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of maineguy68
    maineguy68
    Participant

For those of you who have been on the forums for awhile know that I have been working as a “casual” for the united steelworkers since early 2013.  I have been organizing and servicing locals in New England, and even organizing as far south as Mississippi.  It’s been a long journey for me to step out of my comfort zone as a mill worker, into such an important role.  But, everything is working out.  I just had my interview with the Steelworkers and Im waiting to hear back.  I am 48 years old and will give it my all for the next 15 years at least.  Not many get this opportunity and I am pretty stoked.

Mike

Profile photo of Redneck Ron
    Redneck Ron
    Participant

The best of luck of my friend and hope things work out the way you want it.

You’re a better man than I Mike. It might have been something I would have entertained many years ago. Its not that I feel too old for such an adventure, I’m just too old to spend that much time away from home anymore. I have plenty to do being a steward and negotiator. We begin negotiations with the company in about two weeks. And from the direction they have been heading the last couple of years, we’re gonna have a pretty good fight on our hands. I pray for the best for you and your family Mike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.