Let the games begin…

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Let the games begin…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clayton "Leghold" Bolton Clayton “Leghold” Bolton 1 week, 4 days ago.

This topic has been viewed 265 times.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

It just doesn’t seem like three years ago. But starting Monday 4/17, we begin our contract negotiations with the company. We have been meeting twice a week for the last couple of months preparing proposals in anticipation of what the company may come after to weaken our CBA and our union. This will be my second time sitting across the table. We felt very prepared for this go around until last Monday. That’s when the company announced they were shutting down all manufacturing operations at our facility. 1,100 jobs will be gone within the next two years and the majority of them by the middle of next year. It’s sad and scary at the same time. This place has been in the aerospace business for 70 years. The company is not going out of business, they are just moving their operations out of the Sacramento area with most of it going to other states. But, as long as there is at least one bargaining unit member still employed at this facility, we are going to fight for the best contract possible. But I’m pretty sure I won’t be around to fight for another after this one.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.