Sad day

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Sad day

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redneck Ron Redneck Ron 6 months ago.

This topic has been viewed 154 times.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clayton "Leghold" Bolton
    Clayton Bolton
    Participant

When the twins were born just before Christmas (28 yrs ago), they were given little (supposed to be dwarf) trees. We planted them both in the front yard. One didn’t make it (good thing), the other grew, really grew. We loved the shelter it provided and the enjoyment from watching the grey squirrels scamper about at close range eating the pine nuts. Unfortunately our recent and prolonged rounds of wet weather and high winds took its toll. It was uprooted and coming down on the house. Too much for me to handle, I had to hire a crew with a bucket truck to bring it down. Got it down before the house was damaged. Gonna miss that tree.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Clayton "Leghold" Bolton
    Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Fire wood (for next year)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Redneck Ron
    Redneck Ron
    Participant

I am glad you got it down before anything happened to your house.  The New Mexico area I am at has been dry for a while now but it seems we have been steadily picking the same moisture rolling through California.  The weather has been unseasonable warm and so it has been rain with some spits of snow and the mountains have been getting some nice snow.

I am planning a couple of trips come June and August-one June fishing trip to the Rio Des Los Pinos river,  We delayed a week this because of snow runoff from Colorado.  Colorado is getting hammered with snow..OOPS.  Hope the fishing is good.  The other is Buena Vista Colorado for a camping, atv and fishing trip in August.  I am very Curious about this one-again the area is getting hammered with snow.  Those mountain passes and lakes my be a little difficult to get to even with an ATV…

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Profile photo of Redneck Ron Redneck Ron.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.