Take'n guns for a walk

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Take'n guns for a walk

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Clayton Bolton 1 week, 4 days ago.

This topic has been viewed 211 times.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Kinda’ like put’n multiple fish’n poles in the water, each baited differently. You’ll take any kinda’ catch. Bound to hook up sumthin’ with the diversity of the offerin’s, right? Well… maybe not. Duck/goose opened Sat, so I loaded into the Jeep my favorite 12 ga.  duck/goose gun. And quail season opened, so add in my favorite 20 ga. Still a couple of weekends of deer season left so in goes my deer rifle. Grey squirrel’s in full swing, so in goes the .22 semi-auto and .22 single-six. Plus wild pigs have been runnin’ the property too, so the .44 mag revolver needs to come along as well. As far as the in-season cottontail goes, several of the accompanying arms would be a good choice. One would think any one of the above listed critters would have fallen that day. Didn’t happen. Maybe I shoulda’ gone fish’n…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

maineguy68
    Participant

Love the picture and text to capture the moment!  A true outdoorsman needs to be prepared for anything……so the saying…..better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Knowing you for a few years Mr. Bolton, you have made “taking your guns for a walk” a nice statement for the hunting folks of the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance.

I want to add a little something to your famous quote…….My father in law passed away last December, and though I am not a fan of semi auto’s….I am going to “take his Remington 742 semi chambered in 30-06, for a walk”.  I promised my wife that I would harvest my next whitetail with his rifle.

Pictures to follow.

Mike

bigbird

I need to walk mine.

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Mike & Mike! Your Brotherhood Outdoors episode is still one of my favorites. Best of luck with that aught-six Mike. And Bigbird, miss see’n you on these pages…

Redneck Ron
    Participant

The last time I took anything out and that was squirrel hunting in September.  Howdy all!!

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

T’was the last walk of this year’s deer season. It ended without fill’n my tag. Not that I didn’t try, I just wasn’t where I needed to be at any one particular place in time. Not the first season to not connect, probably won’t be the last. After all, they do call it hunt’n. Lot’s of other things to chase that are generally more successful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.