Warning signs

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Warning signs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clayton Bolton 1 week, 3 days ago.

This topic has been viewed 188 times.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

maineguy68
    Participant

Though I have certainly not been the most active member of our forums, I need to say to all our members………please pay attention to road signs even if they seem inappropriate.  Recently, I was traveling in Northern Maine (which I travel frequently) without incident.  Road signs warn of moose collisions.  Because I travel this road a lot, without any sightings……I felt pretty safe, even driving this stretch at night.  This safe feeling almost cost Lori and I dearly.  Traveling in the rain and fog through this same area…….we missed a bull moose standing in the center line by about a foot, while traveling at 45 mph.  We can all say “What if”…..I can truly say that if this bull had been in our lane and not in the center of the road……we could have definitely been killed that night.

Please pay attention to wildlife warning signs…….they are there because somebody else paid a price…..maybe even their lives.

Mike

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Thought I’d never say I’m glad somebody missed their shot at a moose. Glad you guys are good Mike. Hope ya didn’t have to drive too much further afterwords unless ya had a change of shorts. I know I would have had the need…

maineguy68
    Participant

This happened the other day……..ironically, Lori and I live in Winslow too.  I didn’t know this guy, but truly heartbreaking and exactly why we feel lucky that we missed that bull standing in the middle of the road.

Moose crash kills Winslow man on I-95 in Medway

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Hit a steer with my truck on back roads years ago. Sharp turn at bottom of Baxter Grade, so was going slow. Swerved to miss the “white spot” and hit the hindquarter. Wasn’t “open range” so rancher was responsible. Settled on half of beef (from a different steer) cut, wrapped and in the freezer as payment. I dealt with the truck damage on my own. Had it been a 1/2 mile or so up the road, my speed then could’ve take’n me out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.