Withdrawals

Home Forums General Discussion The Lounge Withdrawals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Clayton Bolton 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

This topic has been viewed 622 times.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

‘Tis that time of year that falls between “those times of year”. I’m talkin’ ’bout the normal huntin’ seasons. Our duck, goose, squirrel, quail & rabbit seasons all ended a month ago. There’s still a fur season, but the pelts in my area rarely reach prime. And hog huntin’ is year round, which means, its not really a season. Of course fishin’ goes year round too, but with all our rivers and lakes bustin’ at the seams from the heavy rain induced floods right now, it’ll be a while before things calm down enough to work out well. So back to having withdrawal symptoms from huntin’ seasons, all of ’em. Turkey season opens in about a month. Can hardly wait. But when its over, I’ll be back in the withdrawal mode again ’till the next “season” comes along. Fishin’ and froggin’ will help, but it won’t be the cure.   COME ON TURKEY SEASON!

Redneck Ron
    Participant

I have been camping season, spring turkey season, spring fishing season, camping/fishing/atv season, atv/camping/fishing colorado season and planning for hunting season.  Spring fishing/camping /atv season got taken away because my son decided to get married to a wonderful lady with momma approval (us men know what that means), atv/camping/fishing season got taken away because my friend is not able to make it.  Spring Turkey, camping, spring fishing and waiting for the draw state draw results for Elk/Deer is so far happening.

Jerthebigbearhin
    Participant

This is the time of year I try, and yes I said try to make mama happy. Get as much honey dues done as possible. That way when pre-season and season arrives I don’t feel guilty sitting in the stand as much as I do. The red, white and blue turkey heads are quickly approaching, Bowsan and myself need to rehears if you know what I mean.

Clayton Bolton
    Participant

Ahh, the NEVER ending, NEVER completed honey do list. There just never seems to be an even trade of time for time. I can’t complain though, having to work has ruined more time for playin’ in the woods than anything else. But without working, I couldn’t afford to go spend time in the woods. Kinda’ follows tryin’ to clear the honey do list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.