Digital Media Specialist
The Digital Media Specialist serves primarily as the “Air Traffic Controller” for all web and social platforms. This position leads the management and implementation of the social media content calendar, all digital strategies, and USA’s website ensuring alignment with the USA’s mission and values. This Digital Media Specialist will handle primary management of USA’s revised YouTube strategy and vision moving into 2022 and beyond. The Digital Media Specialist will collaborate with team members and departments to build a highly effective and engaging website, social media platforms, and video distribution system.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage alignment, content, and organizational collaboration on all social media platforms, website content, and digital video distribution within the organization. This includes Instagram, Facebook, Website, and YouTube
- Lead development of annual strategic plans that align with organizational and departmental goals for social media, Social Video (YouTube), and the website
- Lead departments in content planning and scheduling, as well as provide guidance and feedback around strategic opportunities to increase impact
- Responsible for all social media platform development, maintenance, operation
- Work closely with the Brotherhood Outdoors TV team to develop and implement an annual plan, serving as the primary person responsible for schedule management, content planning, uploading, tracking, engaging with viewers, etc.
- Manage and develop USA’s new website, incorporating innovative measures to increase engagement across organizational programs and visitor experience.
- Help build a digital ladder of engagement in close coordination with other departments, identifying and implementing the appropriate outreach to enhance campaign effectiveness and engagement
- Track all social media and web analytics, paid outreach, monitor & strategize around viewership data on video platforms.
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, public relations, business, or similar with at least 3 years’ experience in a related field is preferred
- Excellent social media, web-based content and management skills including experience creating engaging content using a variety of channels such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Excellent writing and editing skills, professional writing experience
- Strategic social content planning through a prominent level of cross-departmental collaboration
- Solid time and project management skills/habits, with the ability to multi-task to deliver adequate results and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to stay focused on long-term priorities
- Must be self-motivated, work well independently, and enjoy collaborating with a team
- Proficiency with multimedia platforms and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of labor unions, preferred.
Ability to travel on multi-day trips. Standing or sitting at a computer for extended periods of time throughout the day. Ability to withstand hot and cold environments from time to time.
To Apply: Send email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 4, 2021