Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, required. MBA or higher-level graduate education, preferred.
- Operations/Management background, Agency Contract, and basic finance and accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in developing broad-scoped business relationships and managing and growing operations and staff.
- Ability to develop, layout, and follow through on detailed business plans and programs.
- Strong relationship and contract negotiation skills, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, management experience, and confidence demonstrating leadership, required.
- Strong business acumen to include contract formulation, review, negotiation, and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Exhibits integrative team working style, easy to contact, approachable, rapid to adaptation, ability to foster teamwork, ownership, and motivational campaigns.
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of on-site and off-site employees, unions, and other partners.
- Working knowledge of operational, financial, and responsive support systems.
The COO reports to the CEO and serves as an integral member of the Executive Management team. As the COO, the candidate provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
General Role and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management guidance which mirror the adopted corporate mission and core values (Bottom Line: grow a self-sustaining, adaptive, aligned, and supremely efficient organization).
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass annual goals, manage cash flow, and maintain accountability for business goals and
- Responsible for establishing internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate and support the rapid growth objectives of the
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development Develop a strong culture based on superior job satisfaction, psychological security, and excellent teamwork.
- Foster a success-oriented, results focused, highly accountable environment within the
- Maintain continuous lines of communication – keeping the CEO and executive team informed of all critical
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual goal sharing objectives.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business
- Support personnel actions by ensuring all HR and related functions are properly
- Assist in the protection of the organization by ensuring it is legally protected and by ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and
Working conditions are typically in an office setting and require minimal physical work. Some overnight travel will be required. Must be able to drive or fly for extended travel periods.
Work Remotely: Remote with HQ visitation frequently required | Spring Hill, TN preferred
To Apply: Send email and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: Ongoing until filled